For all your "Where is Joshua Paul Salmons?" needs, SNS provides you with up-to-date goings-on from the front-ish lines of the Global Struggle Against Violent Extremism

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Fleeting Moment

I remember my dream last night.

It's not often that I can hold on to one, so I always get a kick out of the memory...sort of like having a sober weekend, I suppose.

There's not much to the whole plot of the dream. It was more of a character-based piece.

I was with this girl that I apparently was completely in love with. There wasn't much to the dream, I just walked up to her and hugged her. That was it, but it was the feel of the whole thing that stuck with me.

You know that lump you get in the back of your throat when someone pins you down, catches you in a lie, or just on the whole, makes you completely vulnerable? That's what hit me.

It was a sort of soul-ache, the kind of punch to the gut that makes you afraid to move, as if you might break something, or maybe scare the moment away. I don't know--I just thought it was awesome.

It made me wonder if I've ever been in love, you know? I've been in to girls here and there, but nothing like that. I wonder why my heart decided to break out of the gate and run crazy for those couple of minutes? Maybe I'm feeling a bit restless.

###

2 Comments:

Blogger Apples said...

I've had nightmares and broken sleep nearly every night for the last eight or nine years. Dreams are very few and far between for me, but when they happen, they're awesome.

Maybe this is a dream to signal a new phase in your life. :)

12:57 AM

 
Blogger salemonz said...

Damn, long time, eh? Sorry to hear that.

Maybe it is a new phase ;) We shall see.

6:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home