For all your "Where is Joshua Paul Salmons?" needs, SNS provides you with up-to-date goings-on from the front-ish lines of the Global Struggle Against Violent Extremism

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Boys

Allow me to introduce my crew:

The Santino -- Santino grew up in Madrid and is a documentary film maker, currently working for a company named Flannel, producing short spiritual vignettes called Noomas. Terribly talented, I try to stick with this kid...you know, for the whole popular-by-association thing. Santino Stoner, remember that one.

The Seth -- Currently en route to join his compatriots at Flannel, Seth is a graphic designer and budding film maker who moved back to small-town Ohio to help out with his family for awhile. This guy is a rock, and constantly is on call for me whenever I have one of my freak-out-what-am-I-doing-with-my-life moments.


The Nikos -- Our Greek cultural liaison, Nik is the senior planner for the Grand Rapids transit system. This kid is versed in all sorts of political movements and philosophies, and is a good coffee shop companion. Nik is one of those good-hearted guys that'll buy you a drink and have a chat whenever you happen by, which is always a pleasant perk.


The Billy -- Baseball phenom, Nik and Sonny have known Billy longer than I have, but with his dad's military service, Bill and I sort of share a bond that makes us vibe pretty well. I enjoy talking with this guy a lot.

Rockin good chums. Of course my Army gig keeps me away from the gang for most of the year, I get to visit every once in a while.

And finally...

The Josh -- Here is your humble blogger. I forgo style and panache for bluntness and boring clothing.

###

4 Comments:

Blogger salemonz said...

Indeed there is crap on the stick! Good to hear from you my boy.

I love your blog, man, rockin stuff!

3:41 PM

 
Blogger Apples said...

What an arty crew you hang out with! Very cool, Josh.

And while you can't really help the hair and uniform, it's definitely in a league of its own. Actually, it's a real shame, that uniform. It's hard to imagine a soldier doing his thing without it, you know? There's no personality in it, which is why it was such a surprise to see the people you hang out with -- who'da thunk?

7:59 PM

 
Blogger salemonz said...

Believe it or not, I was a bit of an arty cat myself.

I rocked out with a sociology major for a while and eventually switched to video media production to be a film editor.

I've got a couple of low-key film festival awards to boot!

So, my dear, there is more than just the uniform ;)

8:40 AM

 
Blogger brogonzo said...

Don't let him fool you, BB. Salemonz bleeds green.

9:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home