For all your "Where is Joshua Paul Salmons?" needs, SNS provides you with up-to-date goings-on from the front-ish lines of the Global Struggle Against Violent Extremism

Friday, November 25, 2005

The room

So I thought I'd post a couple of pics of my room. I'm thankful every day for it, especially since I spend a lot of time living in other camps, in tents and such. Having this place to come home to after my trips away is very nice.

My roomie is Native American. His wife sends a lot of post cards. Pretty sweet stuff.

There it is, the room in all it's splendor. Notice the svelte carpet ($37.99) and lamp ($4.99).

There's my view. Nice, eh?

Here's the bed. I wanted a blanket to keep the dust off the covers, so I picked one up at the PX, not paying attention to the price. Waiting in line, I finally made it up to the cash register. It turned out to be $47. Ouch. It's warm at least.

Ah yes, the road guard vest; my talisman of safety. We have to wear this sucker everywhere, and they're even talking about making us wear it in our DCUs, since the peeps who stay in their offices all day are freaks about safety. Nothing says tactical like a bright orange vest.

###

2 Comments:

Blogger Apples said...

From all the horror stories of living conditions for soldiers, it really seems like you've got one of the best deals available. I'm sorry I LOL'd at your blankie, though it beats extra sand in your jocks, I'm sure.

5:43 PM

 
Blogger salemonz said...

Yes, although sand in the jocks does wonders for the skin ;)

11:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home